Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA)
“From training priests to serve the people of God in India to providing clean water systems to war-damaged villages in Lebanon – from providing job opportunities to unemployed Palestinians to caring for orphaned children in Ethiopia – from providing health care to the poor in Iraq to awarding scholarships for Orthodox priests to study in Catholic universities in Rome, CNEWA connects generous North Americans with those in need living in some of the remotest parts of the world.”
Right to Life-Lifespan
This is a local Detroit Metropolitan Area initiative to support crisis-pregnancy centers and distribute accurate information on this important life issue. They welcome donations of money or supplies, but are also looking for support with:
- Practical Help – In the LIFESPAN offices or at home, there is a job for you!
- Speakers’ Bureau – training and assistance are available
- Legislative – letter writing and telephone chain
- Educational – working fair booths and conducting school programs (K-college)
- Church Representative – representing LIFESPAN in your church
- City Representative – working as a liaison within your community
Food for the Poor
“Food For The Poor is the third-largest international relief and development charity in the United States, feeding 2 million poor every day. Our Christian relief programs and projects are helping children and the poorest of the poor by providing food, housing, health care, education, water projects, emergency relief and micro-enterprise assistance in the Caribbean and Latin America.”
If you want to submit a link for this page, please enter it into the comments, below.